Design industry in india is characterized by many small to medium sized “innovative” firms. There are a few well organized design companies with high employment rates. These firms offer multiple specialties and serve more or less as one-stop-shop for design needs (marketing, arts, publication etc.). Indian government is taking initiatives to improve the state of design industry in India and opening doors for satisfying employment opportunities. Make in India is one such initiative to encourage investors and entrepreneurs to invest in the Indian economy. And CADD Centre is playing its part to make this move a success.
Design industry in any economy holds an important aspect of creativity innovation and growth. It provides processes and tools to translate ideas into practical business applications and thereby translating into huge monetary growth. It is an interdisciplinary, problem-solving discipline which combines creativity with skill and knowledge in areas of technology, business and communications.
Organizations hire professional designers to carry out tasks such as packaging and designing effective advertising campaigns, designing products, developing their unique identity, etc. Design industry is the keystone to the design of publications including books, online resources, newspapers, blogs, magazines and websites.
A few Indian design companies are internationalizing their operations. They have been opening offices in other countries and tying up with design companies from other countries. Students who have completed their courses can find lots of job opportunities, whether they want to start their career in fashion industry, animation, graphic design/web design, architecture or manufacturing, there are various roles available within the design industry.
DESIGNERS IN VARIOUS DISCIPLINES
Foreign companies like Saffron Brand Consultants, Landor & Associates, Fitch, WD partners have already setup operations in India. These companies, mainly represent the branding and communication domain. There is news of a few more coming to India from other design domains as well.
- Elephant Strategy + Design entered into an alliance with npk Industrial Design, Netherlands and Design Continuum, USA.
- Brandscapes Worldwide Consultancy has tied up with Design Bridge, U.K based design consultancy firm.
- Onio Design has partnered with Style Vision, France for Trend Research.
- Vyas Gianetti Creative signed six partnerships with Flex / The Innovation Lab (Product Design); Lava Graphic Studios (Editorial Design); Indeed (Marketing Sales & Strategy); Wally Olins’ Saffron; DixonBaxi (Creative and Strategic consultancy); and Ryan + Deslauriers (Real Estate Branding).
- People in Taiwan, India and China are well aware of public design institutions.
- Italy, China and India are the main players in overseas design outsourcing. China and India are thought to enjoy affordable pricing for design development.
- In France, India and Sweden, consumers favor a design style that is reflective of their unique cultural characteristics.
- Korean firms spent less money on design, along with Brazilian and Indian firms. Design-related investment is the lowest in India.
- The total expenditure by people on design is highest in Britain and U.S., while those of Korea, China and India are low, indicating lack of awareness of design.
DESIGN INDUSTRY BY TURNOVER
Image Courtesy: www.princedesign.com || en.wiki2.org || manilafame.wordpress.com