Adding another innovation in the CAD design technologies is Sketchup. It is a 3D modelling computer program designed to create drawing applications in the field of interior design, architecture, mechanical, civil engineering, as well as landscape architecture. The technology is also widely used in films and video game designs.
Creating 3D Models
Unlike the complicated and difficult to learn computer programs, Sketchup is one of the most intuitive, easy-to-learn, and powerful 3D drawing tool. Not only for the 3D models, but the tool also helps the designers to convert their drawings into animated walkthrough. In this way, the designers and managers can have a detailed look at their product. Some of its features include:
- Sketchup is a web application which helps users to draw almost any drawing using its online library that contains a collection of free model assemblies.
- The users can draw different layout with their functionalities and surface rendering variable styles.
- It is also loaded with some of the most powerful dimensioning and detailing tools that can work on the edges of the models in high details.
- The designers can easily scale, format, and add further precision to the displayed measurements.
- It also helps the users to integrate third-party plugins to include added functionalities.
LayOut Supporting Design Details
The SketchPro version includes LayOut which is a powerful tool that supports features for the page layout.
- The tool can carry out vector illustration, slide presentation, as well as features for drafting.
- It uses different viewports to offer different views of the project model, moreover, they also automatically update as the design model changes.
- The most promising part of the model created by Sketchup is, they can be used over and over again across different projects.
The tool is a highly intuitive platform capable of designing a highly detailed models that can be used across different industries.